1. Using the units you completed in Clues 3-4, arrange and sew a sub-block as shown below. The 4-patches should be placed so the final seam you pressed are oriented direction of the dashed red arrows.
2. Sew the top two units together, and press in the direction of the solid black arrow. Sew the bottom two units together, pressing in the direction of the solid black arrow.
3. Sew the top and bottom units together, pressing in the direction of the black arrow. The block should measure 8-1/2" at this point.
Repeat to make a total of 24 sub-blocks.
4. Arrange the subunit with the Pink/Purple units from Clue 5 and the Pink 4-Patches from Clue 3 as shown, placing the Pink 4-Patch so the final seam you pressed is oriented in the direction of the dashed red arrows.
5. Sew the two left-hand units together, and then the two right-hand units together; press in the direction of the solid black arrows.
6. Finally, sew the left- and right-hand units together, pressing toward the left (the side with the Pink 4-Patch).
Repeat with the other sub-blocks and units to make a total of 24 blocks. The blocks should measure 12-1/2".
Next week we'll arrange and sew the blocks together into the top.