Clue 5: Pink Strips
Now we’ll start to work with those Pink and Background2 strips that are still waiting for some action.
1. With RST, sew a Pink 6-1/2” x WOF strip to a 2-1/2” x WOF Background2 strip along the long side; press toward the Pink strip. Repeat with the remaining 2 Pink and 2 Background2 strips.
2. Subcut the strip sets from Step #1 into 2-1/2” segments. You will get 16 segments per strip set, and from all the strip sets you’ll have a total of 48 segments.
3. Divide the 48 Pink/Background2 segments into two stacks of 24 segments each. Set one aside and use the other as your working stack.
4. Using a segment from your Pink/Background2 working stack, sew it to a Purple 2-1/2” x 8-1/2” strip, making sure the strips are oriented as shown. Press toward the purple strip.
Repeat with the remaining 23 Pink/Background2 segments from your working stack and 23 Purple strips, for a total of 24 units.
5. Now retrieve your reserved stack of Pink/Background2 segments, and sew a Pink/Background2 segment to a Purple 2-1/2” x 8-1/2” strip, making sure the orientation is as shown below. Note that this orientation is different from that of Step #4.
Repeat with the remaining Pink/Background2 segments and Purple strips, to make a total of 24 units with this orientation.
You will have 24 units of each orientation.
Next week we'll start putting subunits together.