Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Determined to sock it

Today the mail carrier delivered "The Knitter's Book of Socks,"  by Clara Parkes, to my door.   This is all part of my determination to learn to like knitting socks.



I have knit one sock in my lifetime.  That's not one pair of socks, it's one sock.  


Don't get me wrong, I like the sock, it just was a challenge to knit it.  It probably was the DPN thing that made me a victim of one sock-itis, which I understand is only just shy of epidemic proportion in the knitting world.  I know that you can knit socks with a circular needle, and even knit two socks at once on two circular needles.  I'm willing to give both of them a try, and even give the DPN thing another try.  As I said, I'm determined.  I WILL learn to like knitting socks.

I like the idea of knitting socks, I like the fun and funky, handknit socks that I see.  I love self-striped socks, I like cabled socks.  I CAN learn to like knitting them, can't I??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment