Sunday, June 24, 2012

Plan B...or is it C??

Yes, I'll confess it, I'm now on Plan C--or it may be Plan D by now.  This is my fourth yarn for the Pax shawlette CAL, if you count my "practice" piece.   The bamboo was too slippery, and the beautiful hand-dyed, mint-colored yarn from Knitwit is too...slippery, too.  That's the only way to describe it; the stitches just slide around and it's difficult for me to find the proper posts and bars to pick up.  No doubt more experienced knitters wouldn't have trouble but I had been fighting it and getting more and more tense as I progressed so I finally threw in the towel.  This is supposed to be fun, right?

Now, it is absolutely not the beauty or quality of the yarn, just the quality of the knitter!!  I will be saving the yarns from Plans B and C for other projects.

So, I'm back to using the baby alpaca that i used on the interminable sweater that I recently finished knitting.  It's a little heavier weight and I could perhaps use a larger crochet hook with it, but I'm going to see how this works out.  It is SO much easier to crochet and I'm having fun with the pattern again.


No comments:

Post a Comment