Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Back again

I've been away from blogging for awhile, due to chaotic change in my work life.  But I'm back, because spinning and weaving calm that chaos--in my mind, at least.

I've been buying some fiber--more about that as the days progress.  At the moment I'm spinning some thick and thin, a la Jacey Boggs. (If you haven't seen her Spin Art video yet, do it!  She's natural teacher, and even if you aren't interested in textured yarns, you'll pick up some terrific hints about spinning in general.)

I can't say that I'm horribly proficient yet but, with Jacey's instruction, I'm getting there--and having great fun.  I am using a local wool blend (from Alice Threlkeld) in a wonderful saffron color.   I'll post photos when I have finished.  If it's not too embarrassing!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment