I am thankful for many, many things but for this blog it seems appropriate to express thanks for those things around quilting and fiber arts; I am thankful today--and every day:
1) for Family, whose support is ever-present: for Mom and Dad, who taught me that I could do whatever I set out to do--and respected that I could decide what that was; for my siblings, who love me in spite of myself and encourage me in ways large and small (and always "have my back");
2) for Mom, who taught me to sew, knit, crochet, embroider--among many other things;
3) for Friends, who help me to laugh, who hold my hand when I need to cry, and who just seem to always be there when I need them;
4) for all the Quilters and Fibert Artists, beginners to masters, who inspire me every day with their talent and creativity;
5) for Quilters and Fiber Artitsts who give of their time and talent to those who need kindness and comfort;
6) for Quilt Shop Owners and Staff, who have shared so much and given me so much;
7) for Designers of all those gorgeous fabrics and fibers with which we get to work;
8) for Inventors who create the technology that makes it all easier, from rotary cutters (and rulers!) to longarm machines to beautiful and functional spindles, wheels, and looms;
9) for the Internet and the World Wide Web, which give us ready access to an unimaginable wealth of resources and opportunities for sharing and inspiration;
10) for all the People in the world who love quilts and knitted, crocheted, spun and woven pieces.
I am thankful for it all, and especially for all of you; Happy Thanksgiving!