Wednesday, February 27, 2013

They're cloning in the closet

I know, we quilters say it all the time (at least once  year, but most of us more often than that), "I'm going to finish projects that I have started before I start anything new."  I've been quilting for nearly 40 years so ... we can do that math.

But now I'm serious.  Really.   I won't pretend that I won't start new projects but I'm at least going to start doing something about all those scraps that are cloning in the closet.   I can say that with some confidence because I have actually started doing it, and I have made a commitment to myself to do a presentation/trunk show on making quilts from those scraps:  "They're Cloning in the Closet!"

I do like the look of scrap quilts, and the satisfaction of using some of those scraps--even with more tubs full of scraps staring me in the face.   I might even have to create some scraps, if I didn't already have sufficient scraps to keep every quilter in the world busy for the rest of our lives--and then some.

There is still a lot of fussing and futzing ahead for me, but it will be a pleasure.  Because what's the point of quilting if it isn't fun?

Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment