Sunday, January 20, 2013

The most luscious yarn

Last night I finished a shawl from a pattern by Susan Santos (as a part of the Luxury Yarn Club).  This is the most luscious yarn I have ever felt--45% qiviut, 45% cashmere, and 10% silk.  I'm always happy to finish knitting a project, but I will miss the feel of this yarn!


I need to order more blocking mats and when I get them I'll re-block it, but I couldn't wait to see what it will, in general, look like.



There are clear beads in the edging, and I like that little bit of sparkle, and the wee bit of weight to help with the drape.   I'm glad that it's finished while the weather is still cold enough to be able to wear it around my neck because it is going to feel SO good.  (Did I mention how luscious the yarn is?)

Now, on to quilting projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment