Friday, October 1, 2010

First 2 weaving projects

I'll soon have my 3rd weaving piece finished, and it will be time to warp the loom again for the next piece!  (I don't know yet what it will be, but half the fun is thinking about that...)

I use an Ashford 24" rigid heddle loom and I'm still learning all things weaving...as you can see from my first 2 pieces, with the draw-in on the edges, etc, etc.


This first piece used a cotton crochet thread for the warp and a multi-colored cotton sock yarn for the weft:

It looks a little like a purple zebra, doesn't it??

The second piece used the same weft, but the warp was a cotton/linen:

And I did a bit better controlling the draw-in on the edges.

And on the third piece I've been trying some fun techniques; I'll post the finished piece--soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment